Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why is writing important?

Business! Let's get down to it. It is not easy to throw yourself out into the business world if you are afraid of being disliked, or you just don't know how to carry your personality in front of important people. Most say that public speaking is huge and quite possibly the most important part of the business world that I desire to be a part of. In my opinion, this is not completely true. Over the course of my academic and work life, I have found that I am a good public speaker and a passionate writer. When I write, I sit and think. I think of how small my life is and where I hope it ends up one day. I feel the whole world is this one inspirational story of hardship and disappointment that we all have to go through. One day, I pray, plead, and beg myself and whatever is out there that I reach what I want to do. People say, "Want to make God laugh, tell him your plans". I laugh in their faces and say I don't care. It is my life, there is only one dream of happiness I want to reach in paradise on earth. Writing right here, or anywhere, to myself makes me feel like I'm almost there. I can see it, its in my grasp! No offense to my professors, but I feel like I wish I was already there and all the time I spend in class is just wasting my time. I want to achieve what no man has achieved in this world yet! Writing is like a euphoric drug, that takes me to where I can find myself and what I want to be. In essence, it is through my writing where I will become a better public speaker, and hopefully an even better businessman.

5 comments:

  1. Dylan,

    Sounds like you have the passion to get to where you need to be! What kinds of assignments or learning do you think you will need to experience in order for you to become a master at the art of professional writing and speaking? Do you think you will use persuasive writing at all in a business career?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, that was one of the most inspiring things I have ever read. It was clear cut and strait to the point, which in my opinion is one of the best ways to go. You are not afraid of public opinion and your writing does show that. I found this very entertaining to read and I must say I feel the same way about certain things. I may not be a self-confident as you are, but I hope I am as passionate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also trying to achieve a business degree although I have not quite gotten past the public speaking aspect of it yet. Your confidence and passion shows that you are truly doing what you love. Maybe you can give me some public speaking tips to make it less stressful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your first post! It was funny and interesting and I didn't feel like I had to read it to finish this assignment. Looks like I know whose blog I will be reading for all of these assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you, I really appreciate the comments, you have no idea. Also, the types of assignments that I would need are formal papers where I hope to learn to be able to instil my ideas and myself, but still still write in a professional format and manner. Also, I am positive that persuasive writing will come up all the time in the business world, especially when I am trying to bring on investors.

    ReplyDelete